January is a great time to pull out unfinished projects and finish them the heck up already. Here's one I just tackled.
A ladies 1930ish robe in a red low-nap flannel deco print.
I just swoon over an original deco pattern like this.
The taffeta collar and cuffs were in terrible condition, though.
Soiled, torn, and just plain Nasty.
I removed them to use as patterns, and then sacrificed this perfectly good silk scarf
to make a new collar and cuffs. (This is when I got stuck and put the project away for two years, tick tock, tick tock.....)
When I found the project again recently I tackled the sash.
I was happy with how it turned out, but decided to also make a less casual fabric belt out of the last smidgeon of leftover scarf fabric. Fortunately I hoard old belt buckles from the same era. This part was tedious,
but I like having the choice between the two belting options, since I like to wear the robe to work.